Dr. Petry and Dr. Walton take every measure to make your oral exam and teeth cleanings comfortable and pain-free. Visiting your dentist regularly is the best way to ensure healthy teeth and gums and a white smile; visiting Drs. Petry & Walton ensures the latest procedures and technology are used to achieve just that!
We encourage visiting your dentist twice a year for a check-up and dental cleaning. During your appointment, we will:Request an Appointment
- Review your medical and dental history
- Take digital x-rays if necessary
- Provide a comprehensive cleaning
- Administer fluoride treatments to strengthen enamel
- Perform a routine screening to check for Oral Cancer
- Complete a thorough exam using modern technology
- Discuss your goals for your oral health
- Design a plan to solve any problems you may be having
- Answer your questions
The Importance of Routine Dental Cleanings
Teeth cleanings are important to your overall health and can help:
- Prevent gum disease - Gum disease is an infection in the gum tissue that could lead to tooth loss. Teeth cleanings and dental check-ups can aid in treating and reversing gum disease.
- Stop bad breath - Daily brushing and flossing help with bad breath, but a visit to the dentist is the best way to prevent persistent bad breath, also known as halitosis.
- Detect dental problems - Check-ups allow your hygienist and doctor to detect any oral issues early on such as gum disease, cavities, or broken fillings.
- Detect oral cancer - Early detection is the key to recovery. At every routine dental visit we screen for oral cancer. Our quick and non-invasive process helps to identify cancerous or precancerous cells in the mouth.
- Prevent tooth loss - Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss, so regular dental check-ups along with brushing and flossing will help keep teeth healthy.
- Brighten your smile - Teeth cleanings will remove built-up stains and leave your smile polished and white!
- Save money - Routine oral visits will help address dental problems early on and save you money in the long run. As dental issues progress, treatments may become more extensive and costly.
- Maintain good overall health - Regular visits to the dentist may decrease your risk of heart disease and stroke and improve your overall health.
At Petry & Walton, our friendly and gentle staff is dedicated to making every effort to help you have a positive and stress-free experience. If you feel uncomfortable, please let your hygienist or dentist know so that they can take the correct measures to ease your discomfort. We strive to make you as comfortable as possible while providing excellent dentistry!
Schedule an appointment with us today by filling out our online form or calling 330-434-3485. We look forward to seeing you!