September 30, 2016
Are you familiar with WaterLase dentistry? If not, you may be surprised to learn that WaterLase dental LASERs have revolutionized the dental experience. For our fearful patients, that means that it’s much easier now to sit comfortably through a dental appointment. However, whether you cringe at the thought of coming to our office or view it as no big deal, you’re sure to appreciate the benefits of our WaterLase dental LASER.
What Is a WaterLase Dental LASER?
A WaterLase dental LASER is a comfortable alternative to a traditional drill. The typical dental drill produces heat, vibration, and pressure—unfortunately, these sensations can contribute to patients’ pain. By contrast, a WaterLase dental LASER doesn’t generate any of these sensations, making it virtually painless.
How Does WaterLase Work?
Using a water stream and a beam of energy that is generated by a laser, the WaterLase dental LASER is used to safely and accurately remove tooth decay, reshape bone, and re-contour gum tissue. At our office, we use it in a number of different procedures including tooth decay removal, the treatment of gingivitis, bone surgeries, and cosmetic dentistry.
What Are the Benefits of WaterLase Dentistry?
The WaterLase dental LASER offers significant benefits over the traditional drill that dentists use:
- Virtually Pain-Free. Our patients love WaterLase dentistry, because the experience is so much more comfortable. A WaterLase LASER not only cuts down on the need for anesthesia, it also reduces swelling, bleeding, post-operative pain, and the need for pain medication in many cases.
- Less Dental Visits. Sure, we’ll miss you, but we know that you’ll appreciate having your dental work completed in just 1 visit. Because WaterLase often eliminates the need for anesthesia, dental procedures that used to take multiple visits can now be performed in just one trip to our office!
- Safe. Lasers have been around for decades and are used in a number of different fields including dermatology and ophthalmology. Having been tested for years, the WaterLase is so safe that it is used not just for adults but for children as well.
- Precise. Traditional drills grind and spin, often removing large amounts of tooth at once. With this type of drill, patients run the risk of developing cracks and hairline fractures in their teeth. By contrast, the WaterLase LASER removes very small amounts of tooth without damaging its structure.
- Extremely High Patient Satisfaction. A whopping 97% of patients who experience WaterLase dentistry say they would recommend it to friends and family. Perhaps not so coincidentally, 99% of our patients say they would refer others to us (thanks!). With those types of numbers, you can’t go wrong with WaterLase dentistry at our office.
If you’re ready to experience WaterLase dentistry, it’s easy. You can request an appointment online or call our office at 330.434.3485. We look forward to seeing you!